February 9, 2021
EY publication explains how to correct federal errors on the 2020 Form W-2
Employers can now find guidance on how to correct federal errors on the 2020 Form W-2 in our special report, When, why and how to correct 2020 Form W-2 errors.
This publication includes the following:
- The top 10 most common 2020 Form W-2 errors and how to fix them
- The timing for correcting federal Form W-2 errors
- When small-dollar de minimis errors don't have to be corrected
- Federal penalties for filing late or incorrect Forms W-2
- The employer's liability for tax preparation and other costs
- Considerations when issuing a replacement Form W-2c
- Other payroll tax returns affected by Form W-2c
- Sample employee request for replacement Form W-2
You can download the report here.
For additional information concerning this Alert, please contact: