May 6, 2021
The UK and India sign Memorandum of Understanding on new mobility and migration partnership
Under the Memorandum, several new initiatives have been announced encouraging:
- Regular short stays of nationals of the other participant's country who are actively and sustainably contributing to the vitality of bilateral relations, and the issuance of a short-stay, multiple entry visa, with a longer validity period, where appropriate;
- Mobility of students, academics and researchers, and migration for professional and economic reasons;
- Exchanges of young professionals and joint action in favor of such exchanges;
- Mobility for skilled Indian nationals with a project of an economic, scientific, technological, cultural or humanitarian nature, that is likely to make a significant contribution to the development of relations between the two countries, in accordance with the UK immigration rules;
- Mobility of researchers, doctoral students and expert scientists, for the purposes of work or study.
A Tax Alert prepared by EY's People Advisory Services group, and attached below, provides additional details.
Full text of Tax Alert