August 6, 2021
Thursday, August 12 | PE and Private Capital: How to plan for legislative and marketplace changes (11 a.m.)
In this webcast, panelists discuss possible attendant tax considerations tailored for private equity (PE) and private funds, PE backed portfolio companies and fund professionals.
Please join us for a timely discussion of recent developments impacting global private equity (PE) and private capital funds and the outlook for US and global legislative changes relevant to PE and alternative funds, transactions and portfolio companies.
EY Washington Council will provide their valuable insights into the viability of key legislative proposals. Our panel of tax professionals from our International Tax Services, Private Client Services, and State and Local Tax teams will highlight the potential attendant tax considerations tailored for PE and private funds, PE backed portfolio companies and fund professionals.
- Legislative current state of play and horizon for 2021 - potential impact to PE and portfolio company industry sectors
- PE-relevant tax proposals, including increases to the corporate, capital gain, individual, estate and gift tax rates and changes to the global and US international tax rules
- Cutting through the uncertainty — creating optionality in an uncertain tax environment — tools and techniques for PE and other alternative funds, including:
- Fund Professionals - individual income, estate and gift tax considerations
- State and local tax (SALT) — a discussion of recent SALT developments, including pass-through entity tax legislation and proposals, and changes to nexus including CA's recent guidance on market-based sourcing and the ramifications to PE and alternative funds, portfolio companies, management companies and fund professionals
- Modelling income acceleration and deduction deferral scenarios
- PE Marketplace update - transaction and deal-flow ramifications for funds, portfolio companies and management companies and recent marketplace challenges and trends
- Global "radar screen" — a rapid-fire overview of emerging global macro tax trends and PE-relevant cross-border tax developments
Date: Thursday, 12 August 2021
Time: 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. EDT New York
Registration: View archive here.
- Gerald Whelan, EY US PE Tax Technical Leader, Ernst & Young LLP
- Todd Angkatavanich, Private Client Services, Ernst & Young LLP
- Ray Beeman, Co-leader of Washington Council Ernst & Young, Ernst & Young LLP
- Jess Morgan, National Tax, Ernst & Young LLP
- Anna Voortman, National Tax, Internation Tax and Transaction Services, Ernst & Young LLP
- Auri Weitz, Internation Tax and Transaction Services PE Tax Leader, Ernst & Young LLP
Featuring panelists from our Washington Council Ernst & Young, National Tax, Private Client Services and International Tax and State and Local Tax teams.
CPE credit offered: up to 1.2 depending on actual duration. Recommended field of study: Taxes.
Learn about and register for Thought Center webcasts
You can learn about and register for any Thought Center webcast here.