June 28, 2023
Thursday, June 29 | Private equity and private capital tax webcast: navigating global change – Q2 (11 am ET)
Please join us for a timely discussion of the latest developments impacting global private equity (PE) and private capital funds, their transactions, and portfolio companies.
Washington Council Ernst & Young will provide insights on the debt ceiling legislation, the current state of play in Washington, and potential budget and year-end extender measures.
- Legislative, regulatory, and policy outlook — potential impact to funds, portfolio companies, and transactions, including the sector impact of the recent US debt ceiling package
Our panel of EY tax professionals will highlight cutting-edge trends and emerging strategies including:
- UK update on carried interest, budget and potential elections — implications for funds, fund professionals, and portfolio companies
- Maximizing the cash tax interest expense limitation with capitalization strategies — impact on funds and portfolio companies
- Private credit, financing and credit support — pitfalls, traps for the unwary, and ramifications for funds, their portfolio companies, and certain tax exempt and non-US investors
- SALT update — outlook for legislative, policy, administrative and audit developments relevant to funds, portfolio companies, and fund professionals
- Transaction, restructuring, and capital markets update – deal pipeline, emerging trends in financing, fundraising, and exit activity
- Global “radar screen” — a rapid-fire overview of breaking and evolving global macro tax trends and PE-relevant tax reporting developments.
Date: Thursday, June 29, 2023
Time: 11: 00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. ET
Registration: View archive here.
- Brandon Carlton, Principal, National Tax, Accounting Methods Services, Ernst & Young LLP
- Steve Clausen, Partner, National Tax, Transaction Tax, ITTS, Ernst & Young LLP
- Francis Grab, Principal, Washington Council Ernst & Young LLP
- Jo Hurley, Director, Private Tax, Ernst & Young LLP UK - London
- Justin Lowe, Senior Manager, National Tax, Tax Exempt Organizations, Ernst & Young LLP
- Alex Magee, Director, UK Tax Desk - NY, Ernst & Young LLP
- Jess Morgan, Senior Manager, National Tax, State and Local Tax, Ernst & Young LLP
- Charlene Tsai, Principal, FSO, ITTS, Ernst & Young LLP
- Gerald Whelan, EY PE Tax Technical Leader, Ernst & Young LLP
CPE credit offered: 1.4.
Learn about and register for EY Tax Webcasts
Register for EY’s Tax News Update so you don’t miss any EY Tax Webcasts: taxnews.ey.com/register